To provide comprehensive assessment and treatment to an inpatient orthopaedic caseload.
Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position working 37.5 hours per week.
Salary: The attractive salary for this role is £38,934 - £47,577 and will be dependent upon skills and experiences.
Benefits package: We offer a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Healthcare, 25 day's annual leave, season ticket travel loan, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Duties & Responsibilities
* To undertake a comprehensive assessment of patients including those with diverse or complex presentations/multi pathologies; use advanced clinical reasoning skills and manual assessment techniques to provide an accurate diagnosis of their condition.
* Formulate and deliver an individual physiotherapy treatment programme based on a sound knowledge of treatment skills.
* Formulate accurate prognoses and recommend best course of intervention, developing comprehensive discharge plans.
* Assess patient understanding of treatment proposals, gain valid informed consent and have the capacity to work within a legal framework with patients who lack the capacity to consent to treatment.
* To keep accurate, legible records of patient care in line with service guidelines
Skills & Experience
* BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
* HCPC registered
* Proven experience and at least 2 years post-graduate experience with a broad spectrum of respiratory, medical and post-surgical patients.
* Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of pre/post orthopaedic physiotherapy.
* Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of various respiratory and medical conditions.